OSCE station. Laboratory results.
|Home Page||MRCOG page||How to pass the MRCOG first time|
You have 15 minutes to prepare.
Then you have 15 minutes with the examiner.
Your consultant is on leave.
Her secretary has asked you to look at the following laboratory results.
Discuss the actions you will take and the degree of urgency.
1. +ve MSSU at booking. No symptoms.
2. GTT at 34 weeks. Peak level 11.5.
3. FBC with MCV at booking.
4. Thrombocytopenia at booking. 50,000.
5. Hydatidiform mole after evacuation of suspected miscarriage.
6. Histology after ERPC for incomplete miscarriage: no trophoblastic tissue.
7. Endometrial cancer: hysteroscopy: thickened endometrium. Histology: Anaplastic malignancy.
8. Endometrial cancer: MR scan: reaching serosa and upper endocervical canal.
9. Consultant does lap drainage of normal looking ovarian cyst. Malignant cells. Nulliparous. Wants children.
10. HVS: trichomonas.
11. Clue cells on smear. 12/52 pregnant.
12. Antenatal discharge: endocervical swab: chlamydia
13. Actinomyces on smear.
14. Herpes in pregnancy
15. Severe dyskaryosis on cervical smear at booking.
16. Primary infertility: FSH & LH at 25 on day 3 of cycle.
17. Primary infertility. FSH 3, LH 12 on day 3 of cycle.
18. Treated with cabergoline for prolactin and pituitary adenoma. +ve beta HCG.
19. 3 cm. ovarian cyst. Ca 125.
20. “Miscarriage” → ERPC. Histology report: Decidual reaction. No trophoblastic tissue seen.
I have given you a few more results that you will get in the exam.
Write down your thoughts.
Send them to me by
I'll then send you my version.
|Return to MRCOG page|
|Return to MRCOG OSCE page|
|Return to "How to pass 1st. time"|
|Return to Home Page|